Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Do Not Limp

Level 3 starts off with more bad news when my pocket 9's lose to a k/5 off from the BB. I limped from under the gun, trying to make a big hand. Kids trying this at home. Take it from Uncle Reago - do not limp. Almost never works.

Finally get pocket Aces. Call a raise. Flop, 983 rainbow and he check. I check. Turn a 6. He checks. I bet. He folds. That coulda turned things around. Instead. Stuck at 15k

Pocket 7's. Flop, no love. Give 1k back. Can't hit a thing.

Pick up pocket kings. Guy bets 800, another guy. Calls. I raise to 2800. Both fold. Sad sad. Was hoping someone wanted to gamble with AK. Or gets frisky with a lower pair. Alas. Not to be......

I pick up pocket queens and smooth call 800. 3 guys limp. Pot has 3200. Flop comes q/7/3 two diamonds. I check. Button makes it 2200. I call everybody folds. Turn a jack making 2 diamonds and 2 clubs. I check. He bets 4500. I move in. For the 4500 and my last 9500...........................

He folds

Back to 25k.

Give back 2k on a weak weak steal attempt. Even I didn't believe myself. Idiot.

And then I pick up Aces. One guy limps. I raise. Everyone folds. I've had cards so far this level but didn't really get paid. Don't know tho if I would do anything differently.

The game goes on........still waiting on one big hand.

Finish this level with 26k. Meanwhile, my dad, GG, has chipped his way up to 43k!

End of level 3.

We are at dinner brk (90 mins) and we will play 1.5 more levels after that, and then stop for the night. Assuming I'm still in.....

1 comment: