Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Level 1

Level 1.

30k in chips. Blinds 50/100. About 15$ per hand. Very cheap. Can play verrry slow. No need to push. I have 2000 big blinds so can be patient.

The first level of the Main Event is like the early stages of the World Cup in Soccer. Can't win the whole thing til the knock-out rounds, (days 3-9), but have to advance and survive. One big difference than the World Cup is, however, whatever points (chips) you accumulate in ther early rounds, you get to carry forward. And these chips are very powerful as the blinds increase.

I plan to play defensive and look for short crisp safe passes (steals from position) and only go on offense if I believe I have a big advantage. Even then, bad things can happen. Because if I get called, by definition, the other guy believes the same thing.

By midnight tonight, about 30% of the dreamers will have left the field.

Cards in the air at noon.

First update at 2pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment